Manas Resources regards environmental care as an integral part of its business and is committed to excellence in the management of environmental matters.
We aim to minimise environmental impacts at every stage of work from planning, through exploration, development, mining, processing and decommissioning. Manas, through its personnel will:
- Maintain a comprehensive Environmental Management System;
- Undertake consultation to ensure that community interests are considered;
- Comply with applicable laws, regulations and standards;
- Provide safeguards and contingency plans to mitigate potential impacts;
- Monitor all activities and strive to continually improve performance; and
- Promote environmental awareness amongst the workforce to increase understanding of environmental responsibilities.
All employees and contractors are responsible for upholding Manas' standard of environmental management.
Manas Resources maintains a policy of employment from the local community. Most of the company's qualified professionals are from the Kyrgyz Republic.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
The Company firmly believes that the health and safety of its employees and affected third parties is of prime importance in the successful pursuit of its business activities.
The Company has a basic commitment to conduct its operations in a manner that will prevent injuries to its employees and not put anybody's health at risk. In doing so it embraces the principle that a zero lost time injury frequency rate is achievable.
The Company firmly believes that the benefits to be gained from successful health and safety programmes are significant in both human and monetary terms, thus requiring high standards of Occupational Health and Safety to be pursued at all times and at all levels within the Company.